Saint Brendan’s Pumpkin Pie Twists
Celebrate the season of giving with this fun take on Pumpkin Pie from @honestfoodie_blog.
Pumpkin Twist Icing:
- ⅓ powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp St. Brendan’s
Pumpkin Twist Filling:
- 2 crescent roll containers
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp St. Brendan’s Irish Cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
Preheat oven per directions on the croissant rolls
- In a microwave safe bowl add in cream cheese & butter. Microwave 30 seconds to soften. With a hand mixer, mix until smooth. Then add in St. Brendan’s Irish Cream & powdered sugar. Mix again until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the twists are ready.
- Flour the cutting board, roll out the croissant roll doughs. Then take a knife and cut at the large perforations on each sheet to create 4 large rectangle pieces of dough, so you will have 8 altogether. With your fingers, press the triangle perforations together on each large rectangle piece of dough.
- In a medium bowl add in the pumpkin puree, St. Brendan’s, & maple syrup. With a spatula fold together until combined. Then put 3 tbsp brown sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon & salt into a small bowl whisk together and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter. On 4 of the large rectangles use a basting brush and brush the tops of the rectangles with butter, then sprinkle generously the brown sugar mixture on top of all 4 of them.
- On the remaining 4, spread the pumpkin puree filling evenly. Then place a brown sugar rectangle on top of the pumpkin puree rectangle so they match up. With basting brush, brush the remaining butter on the top. Then with a pizza cutter, slice 4 strips long ways.
- Take each strip and at the end of the strip you will use your fingers to start twisting the opposite ways to create the full twist. Then place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Repeat for all rectangles.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture and bake per croissant roll container directions. While baking, take the icing out of the refrigerator.
- Once out of the oven, let cool for a few minutes, and drizzle with icing. Enjoy!