Death By Chocolate Brownies
- 2 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup St. Brendan’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
St. Brendan’s Drizzle
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp St. Brendan’s Irish Cream Liqueur
Get into the Halloween spirit and treat yourself to @honestfoodie_blog’s Death By Chocolate Brownies using Saint Brendan’s Irish Cream…if you dare.
- Line a metal 9 X 9 baking dish with greased parchment paper and preheat oven for 350
- In microwave safe bowl add in chocolate chips & ¼ cup butter. Microwave at 30 second increments until butter is melted.
- Then add in your brown sugar, olive oil, St.Brendan’s, vanilla extract and whisk until thoroughly combined. Then add in both eggs and whisk until just combined.
- In a large mixing bowl add in cocoa powder & salt. Whisk until combined. Then pour your liquid mixture into it. Then fold until combined. Then add in your ¾ cup flour & fold until you do not see anymore white streaks.
- Pour batter into the baking dish on top of the parchment paper and smooth out the top with spatula. Then bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. They are done when you can stick a knife in the middle and get a little bit of the brownie batter on the knife. While it cools it will finish cooking a little more and will be perfect. Then let sit for at least 30 minutes before you cut it.
- While the brownies are cooking make the St. Brendan’s Drizzle. Add 1 cup powdered sugar to a mixing bowl, add in the St. Brendan’s Irish Cream Liqueur and whisk until fully incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- After the brownies have cooled, drizzle St. Brendan’s Drizzle on top and enjoy!